LT3 at a glance
- All wheels are continuously driven or slowed.
- They are mechanically propelled and individually controllable
- Individual wheels are no longer able to spin
- Variable distribution of energy to wheels (master/slave wheel)
- No tension placed on drive system
- Potential savings for users (i.e.. fuel savings and less tire wear)
- Potential savings in production thanks to substitution of axle differential gear, traction control assistant and interaxle differential (Visco clutch, Haldex clutch, Torsen differential gear)
- Maximum torque vectoring
LT3 The Intelligent Vehicle Drive System Video.